https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
LED Offroad Lights

Author Topic: LED Offroad Lights  (Read 7334 times)

Dragon

LED Offroad Lights
« on: June 11, 2013, 07:03:49 AM »
so, I've had this lightbar on my Jeep since before I got this 4-door, yet I've never gotten lights for it.
Granted I don't have many opportunities to offroad at night, but it's a lightbar, it should have lights.

While at the 4x4 101 event I spoke with someone that mentioned a club member sold LED lights, but I forgot to get the info before I left.

Would it be possible to get that info now?

Primarily I'm looking for something the equivalent of the Rigid Dually D2 2x6 LED lights as my bar has 5 tabs for light mounting and is pre-wired for 5 lights.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: LED Offroad Lights
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2013, 07:21:44 AM »
That would be Ryan_25 and http://www.lifetimeledlights.com/.

Offline Ryan_25

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 05:18:23 AM »
If you see anything you like let me know and I will get you the special club price. Send text message to 585-978-4540 or email Ryan14425@gmail.com

Offline jaysenodell

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2013, 09:43:49 AM »
Ryan_25,

These just wire in to the 12v, correct? no separate voltage converted needed?
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

Offline Ryan_25

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
Correct

Offline AWL4928

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2013, 10:43:58 AM »
I will make the recommendation you supply them with power though a relay from the battery though and not use the switched foglight power jeep has.   It made a difference in the output of mine.

Offline jaysenodell

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2013, 10:51:05 AM »
So don't use stock light controls?

I'm looking to replace the ones that were... removed ... by the previous owner. I'm pretty sure they were wired to a dedicated (non-factory) circuit. I will triple check that before I make any moves though.
Mid Life Crisis in the making -- '02 TJ i4 manual, Aussie Locker magic pulling from the front

Offline AWL4928

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2013, 11:17:20 AM »
I used the stock circuit to trigger the relay.

Dragon

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2013, 01:02:34 PM »
Jaysenodell,
If you're running a JK, the computer actually controls the fog lights.  If too much current is detected, it will disable the fog light circuit.
If you want to use the stock fog light controls, and your JK never had them, you'll have to buy the left directional signal/headlight stalk (pulls out to actuate the fogs), and have a dealer flash your computer to turn on the fog light option.

Better to just put a switch in to run a relay, and feed the lights from a fused source off the battery.  There are numerous places to mount switches in the JK, my favorites are above the mirror or on the A-pillar.

Obviously if you don't have a JK, other rules apply.   :P

Offline jaysenodell

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2013, 02:08:00 PM »
TJ on this side (I should put that in my non-existent sig). I think what I'll do is exactly what you suggest though. That will allow me to extend the circuit to more than just fogs should I choose to do so.

Thanks!

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3248.0