http://www.treadlightly.org/
AME Tire Valve Tool

Author Topic: AME Tire Valve Tool  (Read 5200 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
AME Tire Valve Tool
« on: May 29, 2013, 01:57:09 PM »
AME Tire Valve Tool #51025

http://www.amazon.com/International-Quick-Valve-Change-51025/dp/B005K8E9FY

Saw this on a DIY TV show and picked this kit up a couple of years ago after others had valve stem issues.  No dismounting tires to replace a valve stem.  Should be awesome.

I'm here to tell you that "IT IS"!  After putting up with a valve stem that was damaged from rock rash, I decided that it was time to put this tool to the test.  I was home and in my shop, a nice controlled environment.  It took me longer to get a pair of pliers than it did to complete the job!

I grabbed hold of the old stem with said pliers and gave it a good yank.  Most of the old stem came out with ease.  What is left can roll around inside the tire.  Had I read the directions first, part of this kit contains a hook handle that would have extracted the entire thing.  Too impatient.

I lubed up the new stem and "popped" it right in.  Filled the tire with air and good-as-new!  Every rock crawler should have one!

10 out of 10!   Rating: (1= dont waste the money, 10= Super deal)

« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:06:24 PM by Wingman »

Offline gCracker

Re: AME Tire Valve Tool
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2013, 02:21:02 PM »
I borrowed one from Jared last year to replace the valve stems on my camper.. it now lives in my tool box i love it!

Offline jACeL86

Re: AME Tire Valve Tool
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2013, 04:22:43 PM »
After a few tests I found the remover tool to be absolutely useless. The install tool works flawlessly though with one exception... You MUST use lube. We tried a field test without and it just rips the valve stem.
'06 Rubicon, 5.5"RE tri-rear, 37" Trxus, Metal Cloak gear

Offline etk300ex

• Club Member
AME Tire Valve Tool
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2013, 06:45:10 AM »
Handy
06 Frontier 4x4
03 Ram CCLB 4x4
84 Viking truck camper
92 Toyota Truggy gone
Mountain bikes, it's cheaper and smaller

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=3236.0