TECHNICAL FORUMS > Product Reviews

Car hauler trailer brands

(1/7) > >>

jACeL86:
Plan for jeep to be towed:
Truck- check
Trailer- pricing!

Just want a 16-18 foot, open, flat deck car trailer (hitch tow). Most look to be around 2500-3500 ish. Any good/bad experiences with certain brands? Worth it to dish out the cash for an aluminum?

Spencer:
Harrison bought an...Appalachian?

he'll have the details. it was in your price range

Wingman:
I've looked at all sorts of trailers, new and used.  I really like how the PJ series is constructed.  Hecho en Mexico.  There is a dealer in Fayette, Fingerlakes Trailer I think.  18' ~ $2800 +tax.

I was looking for "beaver" tail, good ramp storage, integrated lights (not tacked on or sticking out), aluminum fenders, wooden deck, and good coupler.

Seems like all trailers in the used market hold their value.  $2000 for decent used.

Love aluminum but it doubles the cost.  Featherlite is the top choice there.

You're welcome to come check out/try out my '08 PJ.

MrMindless:
I don't think I've seen your PJ, Mark.

I know they make some good geeseneck. I like Harry's Appalachian for a solid lightweight trailer. I hope it lasts as well as it should. It's definitely a
7k trailer and not a 12k.

You have a real truck, I'd get a real 10-14k trailer not a chinsey 7k wiggle wagon. I'd also go 18-20' just for flexibility's sake. I bet money is similar and it will help when you need to want to move something other than your short/ tall TJ

xjh3:
http://www.appalachiantrailers.com/

I got an 18', 7k  wood deck that I had them build with no dovetail for no extra cost. Also got the rub rail and a spare and they threw in the flip down jack for free. Unlike most 7k trailers I looked at, it has brakes on all four wheels. It was just over $2500 said and done.

I would reccomend them whatever you get. They make basically the same thing as mine in 10k and 12k too. Just call them up and talk to them, they were very nice. As Mike said, I can't comment on how it works after years of use, but I'm very happy with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version