http://www.treadlightly.org/
Rausch incident

Author Topic: Rausch incident  (Read 4378 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Rausch incident
« on: March 11, 2012, 10:10:57 PM »
"It's unfortunate though I have to mention some other improvements that need to be made.   We have been allowing camping at the park since we opened and it's been a never ending battle for cooperation from a few bad apples.  As a result, the firerings and tables will be chained to the ground to stop them from being moved around.   There will be some site markings put up so we know who is camping where.   The camping rules will be posted even more so than they have been in the past.

Why am I talking about this?   Because we had an incident today where some folks left their campsite with two rings stacked together and it was full of hot coals, many glass bottles and aluminum cans.  Hot logs were lying on the ground.   I guess you could say we are technically in a drought, as there's no snowpack that melted.  And it's been very windy.   So needless to say we had an emergency situation that thankfully got taken care of and no one was hurt.   Kyle, Adam and Melissa and five fire extinquishers were needed to put out the grass fire in the camping area that extended down into the stripping pit.   Thank goodness Melissa and I were heading out to the woods to see the fire or it would have gotten way out of control.   And I now know how fast Kyle can drive his TJ across the parking lot, make a jump, and slam to a halt just shy of the affected area, jump out, and go into action.

The offenders have been contacted and reprimanded.   I know it's hard to get 100 percent cooperation with anything but let's all work together this upcoming season to make camping at the park a positive thing and not a PIA over a few bad apples."

http://www.rc4x4.org/rcforum/index.php/topic,16571.msg106717.html#msg106717

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2765.0;prev_next=prev