http://www.aussielocker.com
Vanzilla\'s for Sale

Author Topic: Vanzilla\'s for Sale  (Read 3690 times)

Vanzilla

Vanzilla\'s for Sale
« on: August 10, 2011, 10:34:42 PM »
Wow, it\'s great to see some of you still active, great memories!  I miss the fun I used to have with the club.  I guess I\'m getting older or something, or maybe I just don\'t have money and time like I used to.  Anyway, I have to let Vanzilla go, it just sits in my yard, and I have to keep it registered and insured and all that.  I love it, but I can\'t afford it, and someone else could have a lot of fun with it.  Anyway, Here are the highlights:
383 Stroker small block, fresh with 2000 miles, very strong.  
$4600 worth of parts and machining, I assembled it.
Roller cam, ported Vortec heads, 10.5:1 compression
4-bolt main, steel stroker crank, reconditioned rods
Bored .020 over (really a 381).  7-quart oil pan, HV oil pump,
fully documented, with pictures during the build, blue printed
Holley Commander 950 Fuel Injection (comes with a laptop: Thinkpad 386 with Win95)
AGR Rock Ram steering
Solid 4140 steel 1.5” diameter steering link and tie rod, 18000 bls capacity rod ends.
Dana 44 front with new Eaton posi, new 4:09 gears, new spicer axles (and a spare set too).  New bearings, seals, hubs with special o-rings to keep them dry.
Corporate 14 bolt rear, new gov-loc diff, 4:10 gears, new bearings, seals, brake drums.
NP203 transfer case with part-time conversion (replaced internal diff with straight shaft).  This case was rebuilt by me, combining the best parts of 3 cases and new bearings and seals.
TH350C transmission, modified with B&M cluches and performance tuning.  1-2 clutch piston turned down to make room for additional clutch plates.  Deep pan, external cooler with switch controlled cooling fan and digital temp guage with memory (I over heated the first transmission, so with this one I over-compensated).
Engine, transmission, and t-case rigidly mounted, floor bracing cut out and re-inforced to get the case mounted up high.
Tom Woods rear drive shaft with double cardan front joint, 1350 size u-joints throughout.
Cook Brothers front drive shaft.
44 gallon gas tank with fresh hoses, external Holley electric fuel pump.
4-row copper radiator with electric fan (no engine driven fan)
Nordskog digital dashboard
Autometer Monster tach with shift light
Remote entry, start, and horn control
CB Radio with 6’ antenna
38” tires with ? tread left, 16” rims, 8-lug.
Just inspected

The sliding side door lock and back door lock don’t work, and the windsheild should be replaced.  Body on the outside has a lot of rust damage, but between the frame rails, it is solid (almost every year I sprayed it with LPS #3 and WD-40 to keep the water off the steel).
I have a lot pictures of the build, and of wheeling, a 2” binder full of documentation and notes.  A lot of spare parts like front axles, entire dash board from another van that had AC, heater box, many more small miscellaneous parts.  As far as  price, I’m just looking for offers, I would be lucky to even come close to ? of the $15000 I put into it.  So Let me know if anyone is interested.  You guys have a meeting on the 30th, right?  I would like to come to that meeting with Vanzilla.  Questions welcome.  See some of the pictures and a video below.

Some pictures of Vanzilla and video

Thank you,
~Dan

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
Re: Vanzilla\'s for Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2011, 09:31:29 AM »
Good luck with the sale, Dan.  Would be great to see you and the van again if you can make it to this meeting.  I\'d say that most of those who come to the meetings these days weren\'t around in the good old days.  

If you\'re willing, and do make the meeting, do you think maybe you could think about a few of your favorite things from back then, and what the club used to be like?

After all, if we brag about being around since 1984 it\'d be neat to give some of the new members a little history lesson.  Just a thought!

Hope you can make it.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Vanzilla

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 07:56:58 PM »
I plan on being there on the 30th.  Looking forward to it.  Reviewing memories, and visiting your site again is making me itch to go wheeling again.  This time with 2 kids.  Got a 6 year old daughter, and 4.5 yr old son.  They\'re so much fun!  It would be cool wheeling with them.  I\'m afraid if I just go once, I\'ll keep the van, but I just can\'t.   Oh well.  Could always take the kids to an event in my daily driver \'99 blazer.

I also put up more pictures.
More Vanzilla Pics

Vanzilla

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 02:07:36 PM »
Price lowered to $2500!!

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2528.msg22667