http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
2011 \"JKPROJECT\" (entry level)

Author Topic: 2011 \"JKPROJECT\" (entry level)  (Read 20013 times)

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: 2011 \"JKPROJECT\" (entry level)
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2011, 06:28:04 AM »
Nice! Kudos for not being afraid to do it, too!

Raddadd

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 08:07:25 PM »
Thanks !:-D

Got the Procal Mod today. Took care of ALL computer related issues. No TPMS lights, mileage and shifting got much better. Shes back ! running well and much smoother with less air in them tires.
I take her out on Saturday to the farm and woods to get a feel for the tires,suspension and mostly the locker.
Now to see if she moves as good as she looks (not that I have anything to \"compare\" with). Cant wait !!

Offline AWL4928

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2011, 12:19:46 PM »
Hey I just put in the same lift in mine as well last week.  How did your alignment go?  My caster was way off and I was going to purchase lower control arms.  Did you run into the same issue?

Raddadd

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 01:07:54 PM »
I had no problems with the alignment.
Dont know about the difference between the 2 and 4 door (if any) and what effect lifts have on alignment.
Some on JK forum / Project JK say you dont need to align with a small lift.....with that said I had it checked anyway..(cashed in a favor due)...guess it\'s about what makes you feel good or good for your Jeep. :-?

I\'m sure someone here can give more experienced feedback.

Raddadd

« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2011, 01:37:14 PM »
This is what Project-JK says about this....for whatever it\'s worth....

Thanks to the new steering design on the Jeep JK Wrangler, very little is needed to have the front end aligned after the installation of a small to moderate suspension lift (2\" to maybe 3\" of lift). In fact, if you’re just running 33\" tires, all that’s really required at this height is for you to re-center your steering wheel to prevent the ESP from thinking you are in a slide and activating unnecessarily.

Having said that, at 3\" and up, it is highly recommended that you install an adjustable front track bar so that you can re-center your axle as well as adjustable upper and lower front control arms so that you can dial in your caster. And, if you are running 35\"-37\" tires, adjusting your toe-in might be something you’ll want to consider as well as it will help to compensate for the bigger diameter and footprint.

So, do you really need to have a professional do an alignment for you? Not necessarily. Certainly, re-centering your steering wheel is very easy to do, requires little more than a 15mm wrench and about 5 minutes of your time. Need I say, if you’ve just installed a 2\"-3\" lift, please, do yourself a favor, follow the simple instruction below, save your money and do this yourself. And, if you’ve just installed a 3\" or taller lift and have adjustable suspension components, this write-up should be able to help you to set all of them as well.

Dont know why it got out of wack?

Offline jACeL86

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2011, 06:33:47 AM »
I\'ll take a looky Alex, and see how far it was out again. Maybe it\'s on the close edge of acceptable and my tech\'s were just trying to dial it in to as close to perfect as they could??? I know when I put mine way in the air, they went right away from numbers and said run max/min tolerances for toe/camber/caster.
'06 Rubicon, 5.5"RE tri-rear, 37" Trxus, Metal Cloak gear

Offline AWL4928

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2011, 03:34:14 PM »
Thanks I will see what jared finds out from the mechanic who did it.  I\'m going to let it go for now and maybe just fix it later if i need have the money and need to do it.  Did the procal make much of a difference in getting rid of the computer issues?

Raddadd

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2011, 09:12:20 PM »
Yes.....well worth the $150. Check out the features....it works great.
You got any pics of your jeep w/ the lift???

Dragon

« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2011, 08:11:38 AM »
I\'d recommend the Adjustable Trackbar only because it helps to prevent the computer from going crazy on fast corners, such as Interstate on-ramps.
I would also recommend the adjustable lower control arms as your caster is now slightly out of whack.  you won\'t notice it as much now, but in 4-wheel drive, especially with the locker, you will get thrown all over the road (depending on which tire actually has the traction).

Neither of these pieces are that expensive, and adding them is as easy as what you\'ve done already.

When I added the trackbar, I just used a tape measure to center the axle.  For the control arms, there was some info on the JK forums as to what length to set it to based on your lift.

Offline AWL4928

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2011, 10:01:26 AM »
I just ordered the procal a few days ago and I have track bar from Rusty\'s.  It drives fine for now but I will be doing the control arms soon enough.  Probably when I do the front locker.  Dodge offers cam bolts but I don\'t want to do them.

Raddadd

« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2011, 06:19:22 PM »
Another fun project !

Oh if you could have seen the look on my wife\'s face when I brought the saw zaw out and told her I was cutting up the bumper!.....priceless.

$49 bucks and 40 mins gets ya a new bumper.
Can\'t tell ya how much fun it was cutting up my new toy.....it\'s a sickness......and none of you warned me?? haha

I can reach in and get to the links. Now it\'s a \"quick disconnect\" instead of a pain in the ars.!

ps....thanks for tire painting tip Mike. Got that done right after 4x4 101 and am down to 31psi.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2011, 07:33:08 PM »
End caps, too? That\'s high class and should keep her happy!

Offline jACeL86

« Reply #27 on: June 10, 2011, 07:46:33 AM »
Very nice indeed! Better get Alex on board for a pair too  :-P
'06 Rubicon, 5.5"RE tri-rear, 37" Trxus, Metal Cloak gear

Offline Callelle

« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2011, 10:49:37 AM »
Nice, it definitely looks a lot better. I\'m in the process of finally putting my Hanson bumper on my Cherokee. I\'m just to lazy to make a build thread.
1997 XJ Country 4.0/AW4 - DD/Weekend Wheeler
  4.5-5" lift, TnT Long arms, IRO/RE springs, Aussies, a bunch of armor
2006 Chevy 2500HD 6.0 - Tow Rig
  Firestone Airbags

Raddadd

« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2011, 08:16:31 AM »

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2420.15