http://www.aussielocker.com
3.8L V6 FIPK™ Kit by K&N® JK Unlimited

Author Topic: 3.8L V6 FIPK™ Kit by K&N® JK Unlimited  (Read 5426 times)

jeremed

3.8L V6 FIPK™ Kit by K&N® JK Unlimited
« on: January 10, 2011, 01:58:37 AM »
I installed the 3.8L V6 FIPK™ Kit by K&N® on my \'11 JK unlimited.  Very easy process, install time an 45mins or less.  It looks very nice installed, fits well with no drilling necessary.  The kit claims 8.17 dyno\'d horsepower gains.  I can\'t speak for that but it seems to have a bit more zip (may be a placebo effect considering I know I installed something but I do notice a bit more to it).  

As is usually the case with an entire intake change, the engine noise is significantly increased at load.  Only with the accelerator entirely depressed is it very loud; however even with moderate throttle there is more engine noise.  I like it, some may not, it isn\'t overboard except at full load.

This, coupled with an exhaust upgrade, has appeared to give the impression of a motor working easier to perform similar or with more zest than before.  Marginal gains on performance but the decrease in air constriction may help engine life (MAY help, don\'t quote me, I\'m not a mechanical engineer).  

I did place a low micron K&N mesh cover on the cone filter for moisture protection, just in case, the same kind that people place on motorcycle cone filters.  No, this does not cut down on airflow improvement.

Overall, if you are going to do an intake change I recommend it - IF you are going to change it.  Just bear in mind this isn\'t going to make some superpowered improvements - more subtle changes.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=2259.0