http://www.aussielocker.com
cross member issues on tj

Author Topic: cross member issues on tj  (Read 10863 times)

jimsh

Re: cross member issues on tj
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:19 AM »
yeah i did it was the first mechanical issue i had to change .new exhaust complete except the exhaust manifold which was where my leak was, The words just empty every pocket comes to mind. Btw  didnt wait until sat, welded in some l  18 \" today and no more tranny moving around.  very good fix but the frame was sort of rotten and had previous holes cut on the inside of boxed frame where previous owner tried to repair. Hope mine holds up longer. Still have vibe issues but im in dire need of new paws, hope my income tax return check gets here quick, new paws and 2 1/2\" lift is going to happen. Oh and it gets better  i brought it to a friends shop to do the work and it marked its territory, have to change the water pump now .  It seems to be a never ending battle with this jeep. I should have just started bending tube and ordering parts prob would have been cheaper

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2010, 06:57:56 AM »
By the time you\'re done, there will be enough new parts in it to call it \'new\'...

:stir:

jimsh

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2010, 10:16:47 AM »
Yeah except ill have a shitty 13 year old rusted frame and tub. Have to find a totaled , fire damage from cali or texas and switch all my good parts over. Its a beater and it was relatively cheap. I have to admit when i went to talk with chrysler i was looking at a 2010 sahara that was pretty sweet. I just got rid of the car payments so i really dont want another one right now but it is brewing in the back of my mind. Then the though of car payments and mods comes into play and im not rich. Basically it made my decisions easy, small lift 33s and lockers .  Drive it into the ground and start over. But when im in cali on business in july ill be looking through all the craigslist adds on a daily basis. Wish i didnt have to fly cause ild sure like to wheell hollister with it. My f250 use to get hung up on everything. Just for a laigh heres what happens when you attempt to take a full sized ford through the rock squeeze hollister hills california.

jimsh

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2010, 10:20:50 AM »
ok first attempt didnt work , pic too big, ill try again

Offline CoraC143

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2010, 11:03:42 AM »
Ouch!

Offline ollllllo

• Club Member
    • http://www.jokineninc.com
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2010, 10:22:09 PM »
UMMM?
85CJ7 Streetable
85CJ7 Buggy style
06 F350 Powerstroke
www.JokinenInc.com

Offline Crusarius

• Club Member
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2010, 08:30:18 AM »

jimsh

« Reply #22 on: May 28, 2010, 12:17:49 PM »
Water pump is fixed and the jeep is back on the road, Im getting tired of switching vehicles, hope it stays running for a while this time. lol. Btw, i hold the jeep in as high a regard as that f250 in other words trail damage isn\'t going to upset me one bit. Long as it gets me home im cool , eventually itll become a trailer queen but for now its gotta drive there wheel and drive back. Ill just take it easy until the rest of the pieces come together.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1896.15