TECHNICAL FORUMS > Product Reviews

FleetPride driveshaft work: STAY AWAY; 0 out of 10

<< < (2/2)

meangreen:
last time I was there I gave them my rear drive shaft and asked about getting it strached 2 inches and I wanted to know how much it was going to cast me. So there \"guy\" for that was not there and I left it so that they could call me with a estimete. after a couple of days I called back and they had not looked at it yet...and then in a couple of more days still haven\'t looked and it.... and then another couple of days and they said it was done.... so I asked how much it was going to cost and they said $250. So I said that I would come down and get my drive shaft and see how much it was going to cost else where. I get down there and ask for my shaft and they come out with a brand new driveshaft and want there 250. so I told them that I only wanted an estamite and wy did they build a brand new shaft? \"Well the old one was junk\" so I asked for the manager and told the manager I don\'t care if the old one was junk I wanted it back and he could keep the new one BUT THEY HAD ALREADY THROWN IT OUT A COUPE OF DAYS AGO! I was pissed so I told him that I have done lots of work through them and knew lots of people who did work through them so what were they going to do about it????

I ended up walling out of there with the new shaft for $125
But I still never want to go back to them. they have been jerks ever since they changed there name.

MrMindless:
That sounds like 100% typical FleetPride.

I spoke with one of the counter guys at Casey\'s in Buffalo about my problems with FP when he mentioned them for shaft work with my trans swap.  He\'s had similar issues with the Buffalo location - wrong lengths, things sitting untouched, coming back unbalanced....  They must treat their accounts well because they sure can\'t stay in business the way they treat the DIY guys.

I\'m ALL about OEM when I can afford the travel time, Vic is a real pro, and a pleasure to deal with.

matt:
Another good one out in Buffalo for the american truck guys is Denny\'s driveshafts.  Done real good for the race trucks.

MrMindless:
I\'ve bagged on these guys really hard in the past, but I need to give them a little credit where due:

I was up a creek trying to get a new flywheel ring gear for my Cummins truck after the starter went out and stripped it. It was FleetPride who was able to get me a good part number, and eventually Arie who was able to find one for me - in spite of a national backorder. NUWAY WINS :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version