https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
FleetPride driveshaft work: STAY AWAY; 0 out of 10

Author Topic: FleetPride driveshaft work: STAY AWAY; 0 out of 10  (Read 18974 times)

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
FleetPride driveshaft work: STAY AWAY; 0 out of 10
« on: May 19, 2010, 12:39:26 PM »
Fleet Pride Inc?
1437 Scottsville Road
Rochester, NY 14624-5166
(585) 464-8584
www.fleetpride.com?

The worst local vendor I have ever dealt with, bar none.

I will never ever give them another dime; I would not urinate on their burning building.

I\'ve had them do a lot of work for me...  

I had them rework my front shaft when I swapped from the D44 to the D60 front.  That was the first work I had them do for me, and the only work that I had no complaints about.

They retubed my stock rear shaft after trail damage once or twice.  That was a long time ago, and I know they would not work with me at all to get a heavier wall tube on it.  I think I had balance issues as well.  It was soon damaged again and had Cook Brothers do it right for me.

When I first was putting the doubler in my truck, I had them scratch build a 2 wheel drive rear shaft for me.  When I picked it up I saw it had no weights on it and mentioned how odd that was, the guy at the counter said they must have just done a good job centering and gotten lucky. I slapped the shaft in and it shook like a SOB.  I took it back out, brought it back, and found out that their balancer had been down and they could not possibly have balanced it.

Fast forward to when I get my cases in.  I make my measurements, and bring in the superduty front shaft for shortening.  They shorten it 2\" too much.  I was in a hurry, it was closing time, and I checked to see if it had enough slip to manage at the shorter length.  It did not, and they had to retube it.

I had them scratch built the front shaft for my doubler setup too.  It came out as a really stupid design for my application but that\'s as much my fault as theirs: my description was ambiguous as to where the slip needed to be, and they built it as a standard rear 2 piece shaft would be.  It is terrible for my large angle needs and has been bent and broken by overextension before.  The carrier bearing on it was really done before the Big Dogs trip, and I brought it in to be reconfigured as it should have been done in the first place.   I dropped it off midday Tuesday and told them Thursday EOB was my drop dead date.  He said it would take him a bit and they\'d call back.  No calls. I call Weds night and John is gone, he\'ll call me first thing Thursday.  No call.  I call Thursday around lunch.  they say it should be done by 3.  Fantastic!  I get there at 4:45 and it\'s not in the \"done\" rack.  They can\'t find the paperwork.  I go in back with them and start digging around.  We find it, untouched.  John was gone for the day, paperwork missing, no idea WTF is going on.  I tell them I need a bearing to take home with me and put on for the Big Dogs trip.  I tell them to call me with WTF happened and whether parts are on the way or what.

Apparently John really is the only one there who can ID parts since they sent me home with the wrong bearing.  This shaft is in such bad shape that I have to pound it apart before I can beat the old bearing off, and it\'s about 6pm before I find out that the bearing they said was the correct one is about 1/8\" too large of an ID.

I wrap electrical tape around my shaft to shim it, pound things back together with Eric and Brian\'s help, and it\'s still under there.

Shockingly - SHOCKINGLY - I get no voice mail on Friday, and no call on Monday.  I don\'t think they\'ve ever called me when a job was done, I\'ve always called them.

I almost wrote this review right after that weekend, but thought I\'d best give myself some time to calm down so it was readable.  I\'m still pissed about it I guess.

Don\'t ever go to FleetPride Rochester.

Give Vic Logan at OEM east of Canandaigua, or Cook Brothers up off Lexington & 390 your business instead.  Cook Bros is also willing to work with you for some custom stuff, FP never has worked with me for anything.  They clearly only care about their fleet customers even though it\'s a vastly bigger deal to me personally to have spent a couple grand there than for a business to spend more.
Michael Maskalans
#571 Last Minute Motorsports
High Miler: 07.5 Ram 6.7 6sp 4x2, ARB, 19.5s
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
Road Block: 98 Dakota 203/205 triple stick, 42" SXs
Dumpbus: 97 Ram 24v P-pumped, RoadRanger 13sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Re: FleetPride driveshaft work: STAY AWAY; 0 out of 10
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 04:28:06 PM »
i have had hit and miss luck with FP.  i had them make 1350 shafts for the scrambler with no issues.

they also helped me in sourcing a superduty flange to adapt the 1350CV shaft to a different case.

FP has their limitations and usually can do common work in less than a day turn around.  

I aggree, they cant do much for custom stuff, so look elsewhere.  

my last experience was shopping for LED lights, they have tons in back of all sizes, shapes, and leads.    

id give them more like a 7/10 for my half a dozen experiences in the last few years
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

Offline rejeep

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2010, 06:19:21 PM »
led lights = NU WAY
DS = Tom Woods...

Im with you Mike... (first mike)

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 10:07:43 AM »
I will go to Jess at High Angle for my specialty needs.  No one is better, his knowledge and customer service are second to none.  Like, Summit good.

For more standard stuff that can be done locally, I\'ll probably be going to Vic OEM.

Michael Maskalans
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

Offline Ryan_25

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
Just ordered a high angle shaft from Jess for my front. I will got Vic for the mid shaft, and machining services.

meangreen

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 10:23:06 AM »
last time I was there I gave them my rear drive shaft and asked about getting it strached 2 inches and I wanted to know how much it was going to cast me. So there \"guy\" for that was not there and I left it so that they could call me with a estimete. after a couple of days I called back and they had not looked at it yet...and then in a couple of more days still haven\'t looked and it.... and then another couple of days and they said it was done.... so I asked how much it was going to cost and they said $250. So I said that I would come down and get my drive shaft and see how much it was going to cost else where. I get down there and ask for my shaft and they come out with a brand new driveshaft and want there 250. so I told them that I only wanted an estamite and wy did they build a brand new shaft? \"Well the old one was junk\" so I asked for the manager and told the manager I don\'t care if the old one was junk I wanted it back and he could keep the new one BUT THEY HAD ALREADY THROWN IT OUT A COUPE OF DAYS AGO! I was pissed so I told him that I have done lots of work through them and knew lots of people who did work through them so what were they going to do about it????

I ended up walling out of there with the new shaft for $125
But I still never want to go back to them. they have been jerks ever since they changed there name.

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 12:08:43 PM »
That sounds like 100% typical FleetPride.

I spoke with one of the counter guys at Casey\'s in Buffalo about my problems with FP when he mentioned them for shaft work with my trans swap.  He\'s had similar issues with the Buffalo location - wrong lengths, things sitting untouched, coming back unbalanced....  They must treat their accounts well because they sure can\'t stay in business the way they treat the DIY guys.

I\'m ALL about OEM when I can afford the travel time, Vic is a real pro, and a pleasure to deal with.
Michael Maskalans
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

matt

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 08:20:53 PM »
Another good one out in Buffalo for the american truck guys is Denny\'s driveshafts.  Done real good for the race trucks.

Offline MrMindless

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2011, 02:40:28 PM »
I\'ve bagged on these guys really hard in the past, but I need to give them a little credit where due:

I was up a creek trying to get a new flywheel ring gear for my Cummins truck after the starter went out and stripped it. It was FleetPride who was able to get me a good part number, and eventually Arie who was able to find one for me - in spite of a national backorder. NUWAY WINS :)
Michael Maskalans
2003 R'Audi Allroad 6sp
'87 AMC Eagle Wagon

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1887.0