http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
Wallington Bog & Grog : Sept 13th

Author Topic: Wallington Bog & Grog : Sept 13th  (Read 4801 times)

Dragon

Wallington Bog & Grog : Sept 13th
« on: September 09, 2009, 10:07:39 PM »
Not sure I have the funds to drive out there yet (tough month so far), but I thought I\'d toss this out for anyone interested in mud.

[color=CC3300]WHAT[/color]: Wallington Bog & Grog
[color=CC3300]WHEN[/color]: Sept 13th noon-5pm
[color=CC3300]WHERE[/color]: Wallington Fire Department, 7863 Ridge Rd, Sodus, NY 14551
[color=CC3300]MEETING TIME[/color]: TBD
[color=CC3300]MEETING PLACE[/color]: TBD
[color=CC3300]CB CHANNEL[/color]: #4
[color=CC3300]RESTRICTIONS[/color]: The fire department allows any vehicle, except ATVs. These vehicles can be custom made, older model, or newer model of vehicles, four wheel drive or not, to participate.
[color=CC3300]COST[/color]: $6 per person whether participating or just watching
[color=CC3300]CAMPING[/color]: unk
[color=CC3300]LINK[/color]: http://www.wallingtonfd.com/Bog.htm

[color=CC3300]Info[/color]:
From their website:
2009 BOG & GROG -bigger and better than ever!   The tower has been re-powered and a new roof installed for a D.J. to play music from a central location at the pits. Also a BRAND-NEW food building has been constructed in the north side of the bogs for better concessions and sale of the famous Bog Burger. Fencing has also received some needed repairs and there is a hose in the bog area for trucks that need water for over heating etc.

Thanks for your support and look forward to seeing you all there!

The Bog and Grog is held at the Wallington Fire Department’s field behind the fire hall. There is an area where three trenches were dug out about 4 to 6 feet deep and filled about half with water. There are two straight trenches, one with a big hill on the end, and one “S” shaped trench. There is one straight with a hill leading down to a couple of big mud puddles about 1 foot deep with small mounds. The participants attempt to drive their vehicles through the trenches without getting stuck. There are tow tractors to assist the ones that do get stuck. The fire department allows any vehicle, except ATVs. These vehicles can be custom made, older model, or newer model of vehicles, four wheel drive or not, to participate. There is a viewing area for those who wish to watch.

A nominal fee of $6.00 per person is charged to participants and/or spectators. The Wallington Fire Department hosts two Bog and Grogs, one in the spring and fall. The time is from 12 noon to 5 PM for both.

Some of the rules are:

* No ATV’s at anytime
    * must be at least 18 to drive
    * no racing
    * helmets must warn in open vehicles.

Participants will receive further rules at each event.

If any one has any questions they can call 315-483-2185, or e-mail wallfire1@aol.com.

[color=CC3300]The List[/color]:

I had fun there last year, though I may only watch this time.

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1376.0;prev_next=prev