http://www.hahnauto.com/retail_locations_nuway.asp
New to the club...

Author Topic: New to the club...  (Read 6815 times)

Norton

New to the club...
« on: May 18, 2009, 01:04:00 PM »
So i\'ve read a bunch of the forum so far and i heard about your 101 class this weekend. (Which i\'ve cleared with the girl so i should be all set for)

I\'ve got a couple questions about the 101 class though. Do i just drive out to the B&N and look around for other guys in jeeps?

I\'m currently missing a spare appropriately sized for my jeep, i\'m going to try and have it by saturday but is this an absolute deal breaker?

Also, i\'ve got the bottle jack that came stock, i\'ve got 33\'s with a 3\" lift, will that actually reach high enough to change tires with?

Offline smichaelR22

• Club Member
Re: New to the club...
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2009, 01:47:09 PM »
being a 4x4 101 event, we expect (and hope) you will learn that having the trail gear reqs will help out on the trip.  Being a beginner, at the very minimum i would suggest having or at least deciding on what your front and rear tow points are incase you need a little tug.  WP is very stocker friendly, but depending on conditions can get sticky quick!

as for the meeting place, well basically what you said, but dont forget, were not just a jeep club :)

I dont believe i have ever changed a tire at WP for a club event, though having a full size spare becomes more of an issue with a locked vehicle.  maybe someone else can chime in a this.

hope to see you!
572 single seat race buggy
573 Brolite '97 Ranger, '96 backup ranger
1997 ZJ 35's
2014 Ram 4500 Cummins 6 speed 4x4
48' enclosed trailer

fedrusion

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2009, 02:06:06 PM »
Welcome,

I think you at least want a spare close to the same size to what you are running, unless your locked in which case you need the same size on both sides of the given axle.

How big is your spare? You will probably be ok for this trip though.

Offline GTJake

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2009, 02:18:59 PM »
ive only seen one tire go flat at WP and it was just cuz it was aired down too much and on an off camber trail. no big deal.

Norton

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2009, 02:38:02 PM »

There is the jeep. I\'ve only really gotten mud on it once after i bought it last summer. Of course withen 2 weeks of getting it on the road i break my leg. :(

Will these tires make it through what we are looking at for this weekend? I guess i\'m just very new to this scene.

I already appreciate the help you guys have been able to give.

jeepfd16

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »
Welcome. o would think that those tires would be alright once aired down for the 101.

Offline GTJake

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2009, 08:47:27 AM »
nice jeep. tires are fine. just bring your own tire pressure gauge

Norton

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2009, 06:55:52 PM »
Alright, so I\'ve got a matching wheel/tire coming, won\'t be here in time for WP (not this time at least).

Now for something to put it on...  I\'m looking at getting a tire carrier, http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=10515 or something similiar looks like it would do the trick nicely.

Anyone have any experience with one of these? Or is there a better one to be looking at?

Choppus

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 02:42:31 PM »
it was nice meeting you this weekend.  
Chris~

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1184.0;prev_next=next