http://www.m4wdfabrications.com/
project plow to trail

Author Topic: project plow to trail  (Read 10806 times)

fasteddie

project plow to trail
« on: April 04, 2009, 04:21:35 PM »
Hi all i am new to the club some of you know me some don\'t. i will now attempt to bring this up to speed. i bought my dodge 6 years ago and drove it as my daily driver/plow truck for 3 years. then the computer decided to go south and i bought a car for my commute to college,and the truck was put on the back burner for a year. i finally got the funds and around to putting a new computer in the old dodge and now am begging the proccess of building it up. So far i have replaced the rotted out bed with a \"custom\" flat bed mainly presseure treated and swim bleachers. trimmed all rot out of the front fenders gaining just enough clearance to stuff some 33\'s under my stock suspension with the addition of some blocks under the bed. I have also replaced the driveres side floor boards. I plan to rebuild the motor over next winter. I also plan to lift it enough to clear some 35\'s or 36\'s . I have done the measuring and need to get roughly 3 inches. I am open to suggestions on how to accomplish this, have priced kits but open to other options. I would like to go full springs in the rear as to loose the blocks. I also plan to swap out my diff. gears for a lower set ie 4.10\'s and lock the front 44. Have not fully decided on locker as i will have to swap the carrier with the gears.I kinda like the ox locker but am undeided as of yet. As for the rear axle im not sure past the gears i have limted options as it is a chrysler 9.25. I also plan to boat side the truck with some square tube and ingenuity to loose the rotted out rockers and possibly add some sort of exo to it. Here is a pick of the rigs so far hopefully i can get to where i would like it in a fairly timely manner.

Offline Wingman

• Administrator
Re: project plow to trail
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2009, 06:56:44 PM »
I don\'t know what your spring eye-to-eye measurement is but I have a 6\" Skyjacker Softride kit for a 67-72 Chevy if that is something that would be of interest.  Maybe a call to Skyjacker to find out if they\'d fit?

Offline GTJake

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2009, 09:11:47 AM »
thats a good idea. im sure you could \"make\" them work.

your truck looks great with the new tires on it

fasteddie

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2009, 10:57:43 AM »
thanks im going to be making some measurements later today i believe

fasteddie

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2009, 06:24:44 PM »
did some work on the truck today after doing yard work all day yesterday. built a snorkel for the truck seems to working pretty good in it\'s first design. a few changes to be made but overall well. need to find some rivitable clamp atatcments for starters and possibly shorten slighlty due to a slight lag from a stand still will have to see how it perfroms on the tails

Offline GTJake

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 09:14:25 AM »
i would sugest heating it with a roofing toarch and bending the top to match your \"A\" pillar, then painting the top half red to match the truck.

i can help with the bending if you want. ive done alot of it

fasteddie

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 04:30:08 PM »
yeah i was thinking something along those lines holdinh off on paint till i get it exectly how i want it just used some stuff i had around

fasteddie

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:21:20 PM »
completed revision two to the snorkel today bent to match a pillar made a few under hood connection changes and a new cap. over all i am fairly pleased with the result but may cut out bend and install a 22.5 deg. bend. performance wise i have sucsessfully removed the slight lag with the revision

Yukoneer

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2009, 12:23:15 AM »
I just looked at your pics.  Cool snorkel setup.

You have plenty of clearance for 35-36\" tires with that fender trim job.  No need to splurge for a lift.

fasteddie

« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 11:11:54 AM »
looks are deciving 36 will rub at the back edge when turning and on the bed at all times plus the truck actually has quite a bit of flex in it and will rub the 33\'s when at full flex at this time i like the tire clearance i have so 4\" will keep it aboutthe same with 36\'s

fasteddie

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2009, 06:22:15 PM »
installing borgeson steering shaft and painting snirkel this week will have pics when done

Offline GTJake

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2009, 06:45:21 PM »
do you have a place for the water to exit? i just wonder during heavy rain/snow if it comes into the snorkel where could it exit before the engine?

fasteddie

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 06:39:34 PM »
during heavy rain or snow i can take out one of the rubber flex fittings i have used under the hood don\'t realy want a \"drain\" cause if water can get out it can also get in and un hooking a flew joint is easy enough. plus during the down pour 2 sat. ago that came through brockport the air filter stayed dry as a bone

Offline GTJake

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 09:12:10 AM »
nice

fasteddie

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 06:08:11 PM »
yeah have the shaft painted and in in process of painting snorkel white is a pain to paint over white pipe go figure red tommorow then back on truck the steering shaft upgrade makes the truck dive like it was fresh off the lot

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=1087.0