https://www.lifetimeledlights.com/
Summer Fun In The Sun: 04 AUG 2007

Author Topic: Summer Fun In The Sun: 04 AUG 2007  (Read 15683 times)

Offline hawker

• Club Member
Re: Summer Fun In The Sun: 04 AUG 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 09:11:47 PM »
I\'m going.  I need a 4x4 fix.

I am willing to meet up with anyone going.  I _can_ be at Barnes and Noble (across from McDonald\'s) in Pittsford Plaza on Monroe at 8 AM.  I will check this thread at 7 AM tomorrow (Saturday) morning, so if you want to meet up, let me know.  Otherwise, I will head straight to Whispering Pines and hope to see you and others there.  I will monitor CB channel 31 if you should show up later.

Scott H.
hawker
2020 Jeep Gladiator stock Rubicon
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ - 2-door, long wheel-base) -- 4" lift, 33" MTRs

Offline Scooter

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2007, 09:18:48 PM »
There\'s a good possibility I may meet you out there tomorrow morning. It\'s out of the way for me to go to Pittsford but If I go, I\'ll probably get there around 9:00. I\'ll give you a shout on the CB when I get there.
-Scott
'97 F-150. 6" Fabtech lift. 37's (Expensive Lawn Ornament)
'08 Ford F-150 Crew Cab (60th Anniversary edition)
'07 Polaris Trailboss

Offline hawker

• Club Member
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2007, 10:17:58 PM »
Scooter,

I am a bit confused on time and where \"there\" is.
You wrote

Scooter wrote:
There\'s a good possibility I may meet you out there tomorrow morning. It\'s out of the way for me to go to Pittsford but If I go, I\'ll probably get there around 9:00. I\'ll give you a shout on the CB when I get there.

So, you and I will NOT meet in Pittsford at 8, rather, you will head straight to WP and plan to be there at 9, right?  You did NOT mean meet in Pittsford at 9, right?

If others want to meet at Barnes and Noble in the Pittsford Plaza at 8 am then getting to WP at 9 am, that is still doable, too.  Respond to this thread.

I will go with that understanding (checking this thread again in the morning) and look forward to hearing Scooter on CB channel 31 at WP around 9 am!

Scott (Hawker)
hawker
2006 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (LJ - 2-door, long wheel-base) -- 4" lift, 33" MTRs

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2007, 08:57:10 AM »
looks like a good time

Offline Scooter

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2007, 09:11:32 AM »
Looks like it was a good time. I\'m disappointed I couldn\'t make it out like I had planned. But, I will actually be heading out there today at noon. If anyone wants to join i will have my CB tuned to channel 31. Just give me a shout when you get there.

Scott
-Scott
'97 F-150. 6" Fabtech lift. 37's (Expensive Lawn Ornament)
'08 Ford F-150 Crew Cab (60th Anniversary edition)
'07 Polaris Trailboss

Offline hawker

• Club Member
« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2007, 03:20:01 PM »
I arrived at 9 AM and waited by the lodge a bit for Scooter, then headed to the trails.  I wheeled alone for a while.  Since I saw and heard others around, I got brave and tried to make it through a mud hole that, in retrospect, I shouldn\'t have (alone, anyway).  Well, after rockin\' back and forth and getting deeper, I flagged someone in a Chevy pick-up down.  It turned out to be a couple of students from RIT.  They pulled me out, they then plowed through the hole (successfully) a couple of times, then we headed for burgers at the Lodge.

After lunch, we went back out.  There were a lot of freshly blown-down trees from a storm Thursday, making the trails a bit more of a challenge.  Got me some new pinstripes down each side, plus a broken fog light.  No biggies.

We ended up back at that same mud hole, and this time the RIT students got their truck planted.  Just as we were getting ready to hook up the tow strap, some folks came down who had heard the spinning.  The group included a silver Rubicon with a winch.  Must have been Trombino!  They jerked the truck out.  Thanks for the anonymous (at that time) help!

We wheeled a bit more, then I headed home.  I had to stop at a car wash to remove mud from my wheels -- death wobble!

I estimate that there were 10-15 trucks across the trails at any given time.  I saw a Twisted Axles sticker, and Charlie said there was a group of folks from Utica arriving in the afternoon.  A pretty good turnout.  And the weather was fabulous!

It was a good trip.  Sorry that I had no camera, but I do appreciate Trombino\'s pics.
hawker

Trombino

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2007, 04:56:33 PM »
Definitely was a good time and the weather was perfect.  I was with the group that came down to pull out the Silverado, but the Rubicon was a guy from Syracuse.  He, as well as the other people in the group, were from Twisted Axles.  It was a great group of people and we had a blast.  I exchanged e-mails with some others from our group, so hopefully I will get more pictures to put up.

Hawker -- Were you the guy with the tan Unlimited?

Offline hawker

• Club Member
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2007, 05:33:08 PM »

Trombino wrote:

Hawker -- Were you the guy with the tan Unlimited?

Yep.  That was me.  That was the hole I got stuck in earlier (on the left, though, only 4 feet deep instead of 400! )

Scott Hawker
hawker

test block /modules/smf/index.php?topic=10.15